Archive for July, 2007
I was cruising the internet today. I know. What’s new with that, right? I found SeattleLux, which is a company that “brings luxury to you.” I never thought mailboxes would be considered a luxury item, yet there they were.
I took a look at a few of the items they have over there and I have to say, the mailboxes are quite luxurious looking. I’m just sayin’.
I’m still crabby today. Even after having a pretty good day at work. It was Tuesday so it was big meeting in the afternoon and get home early-ish. A friend in GA who does carpentry work came over today and started to fix our carpet that Chloe has chewed.
He’ll have to come back throughout the week to finish it due to the first section taking him longer than he thought it would. The carpet is super thick and that slowed him down.
The only problem? The carpet we have in the garage, left over, is super clean compared to the carpet in the house. We will definitely have to get the carpet shampooed again. It’s OK though, at least the spots she chewed and mangled will be fixed and all purdy looking again.
Monique got a tattoo today. I’m quite jealous. I can’t wait til I can get my two that I want. I can barely afford anything right now, let alone a tattoo or two.
I’m having to seriously consider taking that trip to Anaheim in August due to financial constraints right now. If it was in September, it wouldn’t be a problem. But right now? It’s a problem. I need to decide soon cause both MH and I would have to ask for and fill out our leave slips for the trip if we are going to do it. Ugh.
I HATE the thought of missing a Yankees game when they are in Anaheim. I have the tickets. I have two tickets for each game. The Monday night game and the Tuesday night game. I really, really don’t want to miss them. It actually makes me sick to my stomach.
On that note, I’m going to go find some dinner!
Until next time….
There’s a song by Pink called Who Knew. It’s off of her 2006 album. It’s such a great song. I love the lyrics and it makes me think of Todd. I know the song is more based on a significant other passing away, but it still makes me think of my best friend.
There’s a line in there, I wish I could touch you again; I wish I could still call you friend; I’d give anything This line just makes me think of all the things I would have given to have him back. When he first passed, I was just devastated. I didn’t know what to do. For a while there, I forgot how to breathe. I forgot how to live and I forgot what it meant to be happy. I’ve changed quite a bit since his death. Some good and some bad. All I know is that my life has to go on.
He would be so proud of me right now for making the decision to follow my heart. We used to sit and talk about relocating all the time. He knew how I felt about Las Vegas. He knew I wanted out. Who knew I’d have to live without him?
There’s another part that just makes me tear up everytime I hear the song. I’ll keep you locked in my head; Until we meet again; Until we meet again; And I won’t forget you my friend
I’ve learned to live with the loss, but it still gets me. Some days I feel like it was just yesterday and I am amazed that it’s been a little over two years. I’ll never get over it. It will never get better. It will just get “different.” And I’ve learned to live with that and accept it.
Do I like it? Fuck no. Do I wish I could turn back the hands of time? Sometimes, yes I do. For now, I take comfort in the fact that he was my friend and I take comfort in the fact I will see him again someday.
One of these days, I need to purchase some new luggage. Not anytime soon, mind you, but I like to get a head start and look at stuff. I found some GREAT Kenneth Cole luggage at the Luggage Source. One day, I will be able to afford some of the luggage listed on that site.
I just love Kenneth Cole. I love his shoes especially. It’s a shame really that Josie chewed my fave black pair of KC wedge sandals and then Chloe chewed my fave tan colored KC wedge sandals. And I can’t find replacements in my size. I got them both off e-Bay and I have yet to see that one style ever again in my size. It sucks really.
I also wear Kenneth Cole perfume; Black. It’s yummy! Wearing it right now.
I’m still recovering from the Blogathon. My body feels all “off” if that makes sense. I’m sure it does to my fellow Blogathoners. My eyes are heavy and tired, my neck and back are quite sore and my let me tell you about my wrists….oh wait. I already did. Ugh. I’m slowly feeling better each day and that’s what matters, so I’m trying to focus on that.
Until next time….
As I sat at work today, I was thinking back to 6 years ago today. Same date, same day of the week. I walked into my first Gambler’s Anonymous meeting on a Monday night at 8pm. It was July 30, 2001 and I was lost.
I didn’t know who I was or where I was going. All I knew is that I was done. I was done being self destructive and feeling worthless.
I was done spending paycheck after paycheck. I was done not doing anything other than going to the casinos after work or on my weekends and spending every penny I had.
I was tired. I was sick and tired. I was sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I was bankrupt; emotionally and financially. I was an emotional basket case (even moreso than I am now LOL).
My life was saved. I became a different person. I became a better person. I learned how to live life on life’s terms. I learned how to be a good friend, and I got great friends in return.
I sought my soul, but could not see
I sought my God, but He alluded me
I sought my brothers and sisters and found all three.
Quoted from the inside of the little yellow book I was given upon joining GA.
I will be forever grateful that my Higher Power led me to Gambler’s Anonymous. I will be forever grateful for the gifts I have recieved. I have recieved the gift of self awareness to the point that it drives me insane sometimes. I have recieved the gift of knowing I’m a better person today than I was 6 years ago.
I thank my Higher Power every day for removing the urge to gamble and for being here for me no matter how shallow, self absorbed or freakish I’m being. He never left my side. He never alluded me. He never gave up on me. And today, I’m reaping the benefits of a better way of thinking and living.
Today I can looking myself and others in the face and know that I’m a better person.
Until next time…
I was going through Sitemeter today, looking to see how people have found me via google or other search engines and seeing what posts people enter my blog at.
I found this point of entry for someone from Valencia, CA.
The post explains that I found a dress for the Christmas party last year. And there WAS a picture of me in said dress. However. Somehow, there is now a picture of Chloe when I first got her in January.
How the pictures got switched, I’ll probably never know. But I’m bored and I laughed my ass off when I saw that.
My brother and SIL will be celebrating their anniversary soon. In a month actually. I’ve been trying to think of what kind of anniversary gift to get for them. I found these canvas photo things, and think they are a great idea for gifts.
They look pretty cool and after reading some of the remarks by customers, it may be something I look into for my brother and SIL. We’ll see. Even though I guess it would be silly of me to post about that here, considering they both read my blog. I’m such a dork.
My brother and SIL will be married 10 years coming up in a little over a month. I hope they don’t mind, but I’m calling it out. They met online. In a chat room. And then they both relocated so that they could be together. How cool is that?
They now have three energetic, beautiful little boys. My nephews. I pink puffy heart all of them.
My wrists are killing me. KILLING.ME. Did I make that clear enough? I moved the computer so that it wasn’t so hot in the room while doing the blogathon. Little did I realize putting it on the table, that it would instead kill my wrists. I guess it’s better than melting throughout the blogathon.
Did I mention I’m still recovering from it? I was in bed by 8:30 last night and most likely asleep quickly thereafter.
Until next time….
Ever notice you come across the weirdest stuff when surfing the internet? Yeah, I do it all the time.
Being who I am (in GA and all) I would have absolutely no use for these poker tables at all. However, I did see that they are pretty well made tables. They have a seven person table, six person table and they even have some bridge tables. How cool is that? They also come with a “slipover” dining top. Meaning you’d be able to cover it up and use as a dining room table. WOOT!
I’m still feeling very tired and cranky from staying awake for a little more than 24 hours. It has made my whole body revolt against me. My back hurts, my arms and wrists, my head, my neck. Everything. I need a full body massage.
Until next time…
— Powered By Stuffr! —
As promised. Here are the 100 Things About Me I posted during the Blogathon in 10 different posts.
I’ve broken it down into sections of 10-20 different things.
Things I’d like to do before dying.
1. I’d like to travel Europe, the United Kingdom and parts of Asia (specifically Thailand, Korea and Japan)
2. I’d like to travel the Caribbean, on a cruise ship – for more than 7 days.
3. I’d like to become financially stable and be debt free (this one is happening sooner than I think)
4. I’d like to become a photo journalist and do freelance work on the side of whatever career I’m in.
5. Find the man I’m going to marry and have a healthy relationship
6. Lose about 10 more pounds and get into better shape than I already am in
7. Get laser hair removal on my legs, bikini area, underarms and upper lip. I’m tired of shaving, waxing and plucking.
8. Finish my dental work I need done and then take care of my investment.
9. Learn more about web design, CSS and HTML
10. Always be there for my friends when they need me.
Random facts about me
11. I have two dogs, Josie and Chloe. Josie is a 7 year old Yorkie and Chloe is not a year old yet and she’s a Chihuaha/Dachsund mix.
12. I have
three six tattoos.
13. The first one is an ivy vine surrounding the ankle with two red roses, one on each side of the ankle. 2nd one is Chinese for “brave one” on my right shoulder blade and the third is a huge tribal design on my lower back.
want got three more tattoos. Japanese Hiragana for “Love” on the inside of my left wrist, Japanese Kanji for Tranquility on the inside of my right wrist and a purple butterfly landing on a cherry blossom on my left shoulder blade.
15. I live in
Las Vegas Louisville, KY and I just moved here in October. I’ve always wanted to leave Las Vegas and so I’m finally letting myself do it.
16. My life is very good, I have a lot to be grateful for and I strive to keep that in mind every day.
17. I went to Las Vegas High School and graduated 1987. I was the third generation in my family to do so.
18. I worked for the local police department for 15 years and was the third generation in my family to do so.
19. On July 30, 2007, I
will recognized 6 years in Gambler’s Anonymous.
20. I drive a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta and it’s my favorite car ever.
21. I believe in a Higher Power, whom I choose to call God.
22. I believe in myself and the recovery I’ve gained in almost
six seven years.
23. I believe in love and believe it’s out there somewhere waiting for me.
24. I believe in the good of others, whether they choose to see it or not.
25. I believe that my God would never bring me to a place without walking me through that same place.
26. I believe in compassion, compromise, monogamy and trust in a relationship.
27. I believe I’m becoming a better person every single day with the help of GA and my Higher Power.
28. I believe my friend Todd, who passed away in 2005, watches over me and guides me in some of my decision making processes.
29. I believe strong friendships can be nurtured and grow, whether online or in RL.
30. I believe for the last 6 years, I’ve had a very wonderful life and I look forward to continuing with the happiness.
31. People who think they are better than you and me.
32. People with no common sense
33. Mean people who do and say things to be mean just because, for no real reason
34. Stupid people who continuously breed. Just.stop.the.madness.
35. Judgmental people who judge me and others for things we do and say. I only have one judge and when I die, I’ll answer to Him.
36. The drivers in Las Vegas. God they suck. They are rude, cut ya off and then flip you off cause you honked at them to let them know you were there. Fucksticks.
37. Men who try to take advantage of my emotions on any level. It’s mean and just not right
38. Men who are “happily” married, yet want to have sex with me. Huh? I don’t get that.
39. People who are two faced. Just stop. No point in it. If you don’t like me, don’t be
friends with me or pretend to be friends with me. I can see through it
40. That song Rehab by Amy Winehouse. It makes me suicidal listening to it and I just want to gouge out my eyes. I hate it.
41. I’m left handed
42. That makes me right brained
43. I love Dr Pepper but I’m not allowed to drink more than 2 a day. If that.
44. I’m in the best shape of my life. I feel healthier than I ever have.
45. I have carpal tunnel and tendinitis in both hands
46. I have red hair and green eyes
47. I am currently trying to grow my hair out and it’s pissing me off LOL
48. 2007 is the first year I participated in the Blogathon.
49. I started blogging January 7, 2006 over at Blogsource.
50. The Soda Stand was created January 31, 2006.
51. My favorite music includes Hoobastank, Lifehouse, Trapt, Linkin Park, Tim McGraw, Toby Keith, Sugarland, Akon and Eminem.
52. I used to work at Odyssey Records from 1987 to 1992.
53. I worked at a 7-11 from May of 1992 until October 1992.
54. I was working 2 jobs from August 92 to October 92. I was at 7-11 full time 2pm to 10pm and Metro police from 8am to noon.
55. I am almost always listening to music. In my car, at my desk at work, when I’m laying in bed, when I’m working out.
56. I can relate a lot of songs to my recovery and/or my disease.
57. I’m going to see the Yankees play the Angels in August and I’m quite excited about that.
58. So far, my favorite vacation spot is the Mexican Riviera on a cruise ship.
59. I love my family and my mom is one of my best friends
60. I treat everyone with respect for who they are and don’t expect them to change for me.
My fave smells
61. Men’s cologne (specifically Polo, Obsession and Drakkar)
62. A freshly showered man – just something about that.
63. A man during sexual activity. Hmmm mmm mmm
64. Vanilla candles burning
65. Coffee brewing
66. freshly baked bread
67. anything cooked with garlic in it
68. freshly baked cookies
69. Patron silver tequila (I know – I’m crazy)
70. Black by Kenneth Cole
Just stuff, part 2
71. I was born in Sunrise Hospital there in Las Vegas.
72. I lived in Boulder City, NV until I was 11 and then we moved to Vegas.
73. I went to Andrew Mitchell Elementary and Garrett Jr. High in Boulder City
74. I went to Fremont Jr High for one year – 8th grade – in Vegas
75. I graduated from LVHS, as previously mentioned.
76. I started working as a runner for an attorney when I was 12 or 13. After school, I would walk to work cause it was just up the street.
77. I worked for that attorney until 1987. December of 1987 is when I went to work at Odyssey Records
78. I worked at Leatherby’s ice cream in 1986 during my Junior year of high school.
79. I’ve had a total of 5 jobs in my life
80. I’ve never had to job hunt until now. And I do not like it.
Things I’d like to see happen when I move
81. I’d like to find a nice 2 bedroom 2 bath that isn’t too too expensive. This, just in case mom doesn’t like Georgia, she can come to Louisville with me.
82. I’d like to find a kick ass job that is flexible, professional and fun.
83. I’d like to find a great group of friends to hang out with.
84. I’d like to get settled within 6 months, even with the adjustment of living in a new place
85. I’d like to be a season ticket holder for the
Padres local AAA team.
86. Go to my first NFL game ever and see the
Chargers Packers play.
87. Have friends come visit me
88. Go to lots of GA meetings and start making friends there.
89. Start getting pedicures and manicures regularly again – I’d have to find a nail girl tho.
90. Take the furbabies to the beach and introduce them to the Atlantic ocean
Self awareness at it’s best
91. Sometimes I’m too blunt and honest and I think it shocks people into silence cause they don’t know how to handle it.
92. My life is an open book on this here blog, except a few things here and there I have no intention of sharing.
93. I’m learning to respect myself more and more everyday.
94. I continuously make sure that what I’m doing is for the right reasons and keeping my side of the street clean.
95. I’m learning to NOT taking someone else’s inventory (judgmental)
96. I’m learning to look in the mirror and think “Hey, I like who you are today. Hey, I like how you look today.”
97. I believe in second chances for people who have made poor choices in their lives
98. I believe love is worth taking risks every now and then, no matter how many times I’ve been hurt in the past.
99. I do, however, let my past experiences influence my current experiences.
100. I’m going to miss my friends here in Vegas when I move. Not cause I won’t ever see them again, just cause I won’t be able to see them at the drop of a dime.
— Powered By Stuffr! —
Technorati Tags: 100 things
When I woke up this morning at around 11:30 and started getting my wits about me again, I realize something quite funny. I feel worse right now than I do when I go out drinking all night. Go figure!
I had a fabulous time with the Blogathon last night. By the end of it I was a hysterical mess of goop, but damnit I made it all 24 hours!
There are a few people I want to thank. They either sponsored me or sat up with us in the chat room on Stickam!
Lucy (my tequila twin!)
Heather showed up for a bit too
J even showed up for a bit!
Melanie was in and outta the room and had her own chat room going with some other
Yoshi had me thinking during parts of the night with his movie trivia games. Kept me awake during parts of the ‘thon when I thought I’d lose it.
Thank you for all the comments, the emails of encouragement and all the company last night my friends. Without you I would not have made it!
There were a few people who were noticeably absent though. Fucksticks. Missed a good time is what you did.
And on that note? I’m going to go get some water and wake up! I’ll be going through the 100 Things About Me posts today to condense them into one post.
Until next time…
I made it! It’s done! I did not think I would make this blogathon all the way through. It’s the first time I’ve participating in something like this and I was completely unprepared.
Thank goodness AFAN had their website, so I could snatch some information from there and use it to my advantage. Thank God for girlfriends who were just as punch drunk as I was sitting in that chat room over on Stickam.
Thank you to all of my sponsors, Slobokan, Mr. Fab, Monique, Laci, Tense and several others I will be sure to mention when my mind is cleared of it’s cobweb affliction.
Thank you to the girls who hung out just to hang out, even though they weren’t participating in the blogathon themselves, they helped us.
I have so much more to say, however, being that I am so beat down in energy and brain power, I’ll save it for after I get some sleep!
Thanks for hanging around with me tonight. Thanks to all my sponsors, commenters and my chat room girls.
I’ll do a more detailed recap on everything after I get some sleep today. I enjoyed myself at the same time as lost my mind near the end of this thing. I shut my webcam off earlier cause I felt like crying. As soon as I turned it off, I started balling like a baby. Five minutes later, I was giggling like a silly little girl.
If anyone posts a comment and you don’t see it right away, it went into either the moderation folder or the spam filter. I’ll fish them out after I wake up from some sleep
Gotta love it!
Until next time….